The objective of this site is to give the reader an insight on stress and anxiety with useful means of relieving them. In this website, there are six relaxation sessions to listen to at your leisure. Listening to any one of them daily, may bring peace and relaxation into your life. This is a Non-Profit site. If you find this site helpful, please share it with your friends.
Dr. Elitzur was born in Israel. He received his PhD degree in Clinical Psychology at the Adelphi University on Long Island, New York. He worked as the chief psychologist in the family court on Long Island, New York. After he returned to Israel with his family, he worked at Hadassah Hospital and Tel Aviv Medical Center. Dr. Elitzur currently lives on Long Island NY.
Dr. Elitzur wrote four books in Hebrew. He also published more than 40 articles in Hebrew and English and was interviewed many times, on Israeli radio and television.
In Jan. 2007, Dr. Elitzur launched a Non-Profit website in Hebrew (http://www.baruch-elitzur.com), which aims to give Hebrew readers an insight on stress, anxiety, pain and ailments, with useful techniques of relieving them. On the website, there are five audio relaxation exercises with instructions.
In Oct. 2008, Dr. Elitzur launched this Non-Profit website in English, (the current one) which is basically similar to his Hebrew one.
In Dec. 2009, with the help of four friends, Dr. Elitzur established a Non Profit Organization in Israel. Its name is: "From The Heart" The main objective of the organization is to strengthen the resilience of Israeli residents in order to cope with the fact that all the Arab countries, that surrounded Israel, threaten to annihilate it. More detail about the objectives of the organization is in the Heading: "From The Heart"
Contributions of Relaxation CD's
• “Clubhouse” is a non-profit psychiatric rehabilitation agency (http://clubhouseofsuffolk.org) in Suffolk County, NY USA. Its mission is to assist people whose lives have been affected by mental illnesses. Since they started a group therapy for American veterans, who are suffering from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, 30 relaxation CDs by Dr Elitzur were sent to them.
• While the city of Long Beach, Long Island, NY, was hosting a beachside vacation for 25 wounded American warriors, Dr. Elitzur contributed to the project 25 of his Relaxation CD's.
• Upon request from the "Long Island Crisis Center," Relaxation CD's were sent to the volunteers who answer the Crisis Hotline.
• Dr. Baruch Elitzur has been a volunteer, presenting workshops to psychologists, social workers and teachers who work in the town of Sderot, Israel. During the last few years, the Gaza-based Hamas organization, which has been declared a terrorist organization by the U.S. government, has been launching rockets on this town. As a result of this barrage of thousands of rockets, many of Sderot’s citizens – including many of its children – suffer from anxiety and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. (PTSD)
• Dr. Elitzur contacted the charitable group “Love of Israel Society,” which donated funds towards the duplication of 3000 copies of one of his relaxation CD's. The CD's were given to mental health professionals in Sderot, who are distributing them to citizens of Sderot who suffer from anxiety.
• The Non Profit Organization "From The Heart" gives away Relaxation CD's to physicians, psychologists, social workers and nurses, who work in variety of institutes in Israel. Hoping the professionals will encourage their patients to utilize Relaxation Techniques in order to cop with stress, anxiety and ailments.
Dr. Elitzur would like to thank Mr. Gene Sheiman "http://www.artintel.net" who initiated the idea to translate the Hebrew website http://www.baruch-elitzur.com to English and volunteered to build this website. Dr. Elitzur would also like to thank Fran and Zali Segal, Ruth Kohn, and Naomi Jones who translated chapters of the Hebrew website to English, and Richard Rubinstein, Zehev Davidovitch and David Sosland who helped in editing chapters.
It is recommended to see Gene's website "New Perspectives."
Visit Us On